It is also a very ancient Christian center of Christian Maravas (Thevars) and Adi Dravidars. Already in 1859 there were 220 Catholics, a chapel and a small house here, looked after by the Jesuits of Madura mission. In 1889 it was established as a sub - station of Pollachi and 55 people of different communities, mostly Maravas, were baptized. In 1895 a small church was built by Fr. Arul Nathar and in 1912 a presbytery was built by Fr. Beshu. It was only on 20.03.1955 it was established as a separate parish. From 05.02.1957 to 02.07.1966 it was a substation of Udumalpet. From 07.08.1966 to 30.06.1974 it became again a separate parish. The present church with a belfry was started in 1982 and it was constructed by Fr.A.Saveriar blessed by Rt. Rev. M. Ambrose on 12.10.1986. A Belfry, Renovation of the Alter, and Grotto, were done by Fr. M. Jesudas. The Renovation of the presbytery was done in the year 1996. A tailoring center building was inaugurated by His Lordship M. Ambrose, which functioned for some time. The first Parish Priest was Fr. S.Saveriar.
Distance from the Cathedral Church : 85 Kms.
Total No. of Catholic Families in the Main Station : 85
No. of Catholics in the Main station : 425
Weekdays : Mon to Sat : 6.00 p.m
Sundays : 8.30 am