+91 (0422) 2390430

+91 (0422) 2382806

+91 (0422) 2394530


+91 (0422) 2390430

+91 (0422) 2390430


St. Lourdes R.C CHURCH

Rev. Fr. Henry Anotny, VF - The Parish Priest, St. Lourdes R.C Church, Palghat Road, Pollachi P.o, Tiruppur- 642 001.



Historically the town is an ancient trading center between the Roman Empire and the Tamil Kingdoms (between 2 Cent B.C. and 3rd Cent A.D) as aoman coins unearthed around here testify. The name of Pollachi (Palla = lower area -1- Achi = Pandya suffix ) also bears testimony to the ancient Pandiyan origin. It is situated at the foot of Anamalai Range of the Western Ghats, Pollachi was established as an independent parish in 1917.The old church facing the South (Raja Mill Road) started by Fr. Dignous in 1917. Fr. D.M. Antony nathar completed it in 1920. The old church was demolished in 1976 and a new church facing North (Palghat Road) was started by Fr. F.M. Antony Muthu with the encouragement of Bishop Visuvasam. It was consecrated on 15.04.1982 by His Grace D.S. Lourdusamy, Secretary, Sacred Congregation of Propaganda de Fide, Rome. The new Bellfry was completed in 1987. A new church of Our Lady of Vailankanni at Anamali was built by Fr. Edward and blessed by Most. Rev. M. Ambrose on 13.09.1998. The presbytery was renovated by Fr. Edward and blessed on 25.15.99. In honour ofJubilee 2000, parish church renovation work was started and a chapel in the cemetery was built and blessed on 2. 11 .2001. The presbytery was built in 1934 by Fr. Madalainather. A new concrete roofing was constructed by Fr. Edward in 1996. Fr. CS. Madalaimuthu, rectified the leakages in the concrete roofing of the church and a permanent marble altar was consecrated on 05.03.2000. A new Grotto at entrance of the main Paighat Road and was blessed on 02.07.1995. There is a chapel, in honour of the Infant Jesus ol Prague at Aliyar, build by Fr. T. C. Adaikalam in 1959. There are also chapels at Navamalai and Sarkarpathy. To increase the income for the Diocese, a Shopping Complex was constructed by Fr. Maria Xavier Oubagaram and blessed by Bishop Ambrose on 06.09.2000

Main Station

Distance from the Cathedral Church : 45 Kms.

Total No. of Catholic Families both in the Main & Sub- Stations : 784

Total No. of Catholic Families in the Main Station : 700

No. of Catholics in the Main station : 2600

Mass Timings

Weekdays : Mon,Wed, & Fri 6.30 a.m Tue,Thur, & Sat 6.00 p.m

Sundays : 6.OO a.m & 8.OO a.m

Religious Houses : 1. Presentation Convent(3)

Religious Institutions :

1. Our Lady Of Lourdes Mat. Hr. Sec. School

2. Our Lady Of Lourdes Primary School

3. Our Lady Of Lourdes Middle School

Lay Associations :

1. Legion of Mary

2. Vincent De Paul Society

3. S.F.O (3rd Order)

4. Kolping

5. Altar Boys Association

6. St.Lourdes Death Fund Association

Patronal Feast : Our Lady of Lourdes: Sunday Foflowin 11th February


1. Aliyar Nagar

Distance - 22 Kms.

Families - 30

No. of Catholics - 115

Mass Timings - 2nd and 4th Sunday

2. Anamalai

Distance - 35 Kms.

Families - 25

No. of Catholics - 137

Mass Timings - First Sunday 6.00 p.m

3. Navamalai

Distance - 32 Kms.

Families - 2

No. of Catholics - 8

Mass Timings - Once in a year

4. Sethumadai

Distance - 36Kms.

Families - 2

No. of Catholics - 14

Mass Timings - Once in a year

5. Kottur

Distance - 18 Kms.

Families - 25

No. of Catholics - 85

Mass Timings - 3rd Sunday


Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis
dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.