+91 (0422) 2390430
+91 (0422) 2390430
From 1924 onwards Mudis was a Sub-station of Valparai Parish. There was no chapel at Mudis, Mass was said in a private house of a tea-maker at Mudis. In 1943 Fr. Annaswamy got a land on the hillock where the present church stands, from the Estate. He started to build a church. The foundation stone was laid by Mrs. Herr on 06.01.1946 to build a church. It was blessed and opened on the 28th of November 1948 by Bishop Oubagarasamy. In 1958 Fr. Siluvai Nathar was appointed as the First Parish Priest of Mudis. Since there was no presbytery, the fathers were staying at Valparai and looking after Mudis. Later a small plot of land was given by M/s. BBTC Ltd, close to the church, and a presbytery was built. ln the year 1961 a new bell, worth Rs. 1000 was bought from Calicut and an iron bell- fry was fixed in front of the church. During the time of Fr. S.M. Amaladass a Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes was built in front of the presbytery and blessed on 03.12.1973 and many adults from the estates were baptized by him, in the year 1972. He appointed a trained catechist Mr. Soosai Manikam. He has been serving the parish for the past 33 years. In the year 1972, due to the encouragement of Bishop Visuvasam, Fr. Maria Selvam aquired an alomost barren hill-top at Sholayar and he worked hard to develop it. It was called as Siluvai Malai. Fourteen concrete Crosses were erected and the Way of the Cross was conducted in the Lent. A Grotto in honour of St. Antony, near the main road was constructed. The Silver jubilee of the Mudis parish was celebrated on December 1973 and the Portico was constructed as a memorial by Fr. Dhanaraj. In the year 1981 the church was renovated by fixing a false Ceiling and was beautified by Fr. Paulraj Vincent. In the year 1986 an English Medium School was started by Fr. Dhanraj and a Stage was put up in the memory of Silver jubilee of the church. In the year 1991 the old altar and railings were removed, and a new altar was raised by Fr. Josepl Sagayarn. He also constructed the first floor of the school building. The mosaic floor was laid in the church by Fr. Paulraj Vincent, ir 1998, being the year of the Golden Jubilee of the church. In th year 2000 the first floor of the community hail was constructec and recognition for the existing school was obtainedb1 Fr. A. Vincent Paul Raj. He improved the school with the latesi computers. Masses used to be celebrated in the 10 Estates of thc Parish till recently, but had to be discountinued due to th opposition of the Estate management.
Distance from the Cathedral Church 106 Kms.
Total No. of Catholic Families both in the Main & Sub - Stations : 264
Total No. of Catholic Families in the main station : 47
No. of Catholics in the Main station : 220
Mass Timings :
Weekdays : Mon, Wed, & Thur 7.15 a.m
Tue 5.30 p.m (with Novena to St. Antony)
Fri & Sat : 5.30 p.m
Sundays : 7.15 a.m & 9.OO a.m
1. St. Antony’s Nursery School - L.KG to V th std.
1. Legion of Mary
3. Prayer Groups
Patrona Feast: St.Antony of Pathia (Second Sunday of May)
Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis
dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.